Several hundred people participated in the recently held Next NGA West Industry Day sponsored by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers on October 25, 2017 in St. Louis. Highlights of this standing room only event included an informative update on the on-going site preparations, as well as valuable networking business opportunities for sub-contractors to meet with representatives from the three design/build teams competing to build Next NGA West.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers serves as National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency's design and construction agent for Next NGA West. The following design and construction prime contract opportunities will be available for the project:
Next NGA West Design-Build of Main Operations Building, Central Utilities Plant, Structured Parking and Visitor Control Center is being solicited using a 2-Phase Design-Build procurement methodology. The first phase of the solicitation was issued on 31 March and closed on 2 May 2017. Interested design-build teams submitted their qualifications proposals, which are under review by . It is anticipated that three teams will be selected to continue the competition in the second phase and submit their full technical, design concept and cost proposals in early 2018. Phase 1 solicitation has been posted to Federal FedBizOpps.
Small Business Set-Aside Opportunities are planned for Next NGA West as follows:
- Government Integrated Program Office On Site
- Remote Inspection Facility
- Access Control Points
- Visitor Surface Parking Lot
- Architecture/Engineering Construction Management Support Services
To get help with registering a small business, contact:
Design and Construction Subcontracting Opportunities:
Watch for subcontractor/small business outreach events sponsored by and/or the interested design-build teams for the project.
Follow-up with the design-build teams selected to proceed to the second phase of the solicitation process in order to express interest in joining the team.
The Design-Build contract will include specific participation goals as a percentage of the total contract value for small business subcontracting:
- Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB) - 3%
- Woman-Owned Small Business - 7%
- Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone) Small Business - 1%
- Veteran Owned Small Business - 2%
- Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) - 3%
Total small business participation: 40%
For complete details on business solicitation, download this PDF:
For future solicitations issued by Kansas City District, go to the Federal Business Opportunities website and search by
Contracting Opportunities will include the following solicitations to be advertised on FedBizOpps in the future:
- Next NGA West Construction Site Security Services — solicitation issuance in Spring 2018
- Next NGA West Deployment Support — TBD
- Future subcontracting opportunities for IT hardware and installation will be added to this website as plans mature
Suggested steps for interested subcontractors:
- Reach out now to get prequalified in the interested Design-Build contractor’s procurement database
- Watch for subcontractor/small business outreach events sponsored by the interested Design-Build contractors
- Follow up with selected Phase 2 Design-Build contractors in Spring 2017 to express interest in being part of their team
- Continue to follow up with the Phase 2 selected Design-Build contractors
For contracting questions, please contact Jay Denker, Contracting Officer:
Older publications related to the Next NGA West project are available in the Archive section.Archive